, the Rule Engine for the JavaTM
All of the things you'll need to compile and use Jess are available from this
site. To access the software, you'll first need to
This will satisfy our legal folks as well as let us notify you when
upgrades or fixes are available.
- Read and agree to the License Agreement;
- Fill out one of the forms at the bottom of this page.
- Jess, the Java Rule Engine is Copyright © 2007 by
Sandia National Laboratories.
- Jess software, owned by Sandia National Laboratories, will be made
available upon request at no cost to U.S. Federal Government Agencies
for their own internal use. Sandia will also provide Jess upon request
to Universities, Academic Institutions, and other U.S. National
Laboratories, for their own internal research and development, through
a no cost, restricted R&D license. Any other individual, internal or
commercial use of Jess requires that you purchase a license.
- Our commercial license will grant your company, the LICENSEE, a
nontransferable, nonexclusive right to use Jess Software to create
derivative works by embedding Jess into your product(s) and to copy
and distribute Jess software as embedded into your Product(s). Jess
commercial licenses can be negotiated as a running royalty or a fully
paid up-front fee.
- Jess is also available for the individual user in a low-cost Home
- Note: Jess is not licensed under the GPL, the LPGL, the BSD license,
or any other free software or open source license. Redistribution of
the Jess source code under any free software or open source license is
prohibited under this agreement.
- For appropriate commercial, individual or academic licenses, please
contact CraigSmith, email: email@example.com .